What is Bullying, And What Can You Do Today To Help Your Child Not Be A Victim?
What is bullying? If someone has a different opinion or projects anger at you, does that mean they bully? Not always. Many times people don’t see eye to eye. If you meet someone for the first time and say, “you’re stupid,” is that bullying? The answer is no. That’s just a rude insult. For it to be bullying behavior, it has to be done over and over.
If someone does something that aggravates you, but they might not even know, is it bullying? Again, the answer is no. For the behavior to be considered bullying, it has to be on purpose. Bullying must be intentional AND repeated. Bullying is mental trauma, physical or both. Don’t let a bully try to take your happiness away.
The bully wants to hurt you by:
- Making you feel bad about yourself
- Wanting to embarrass you
- Making up lies about you
- Calling you hurtful names
- Physically trying to attack you
- Many times a combination of all
Once you know you have a bully situation, what are some things you can do?
- As Dr. Stephen Covey said, “Seek 1st to understand before being understood.” In other words, make sure it’s bullying and not a misunderstanding
- Report all bullying to parents and teachers
- Learning Responsible Self-Defense as taught at Inspire Martial Arts in North Royalton, Ohio. Students learn effective verbal and appropriate force designed to protect the students against attacks.
To learn how we can help your child become safer from
dangerous bullies, click the link or call 440-877-9112 Today!
Yes, I Want My Child to Be Safer https://www.northroyaltonmartialarts.com/
By Chris Gehring Owner Of Inspire Martial Arts